(New York, NY)
The Executive Assistant to the Associate General Secretary will provide overall administrative and programmatic support for the UMCOR-International Development unit. This position will be based in New York, NY and report to the Associate General Secretary of UMCOR International Development on all related duties. Specific duties include provision of administrative and programmatic support, including but not limited to support for staff travel, processing expense reports, assisting with grants processing, report compilation, meeting planning and set-up, supplies, mail, and other tasks as assigned.
UMCOR’s International Development unit has a mandate to manage international relief and development projects funded through private grants and institutional donor contracts, and implemented through partners globally as well as UMCOR’s nine (9) field offices in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Eurasia. UMCOR’s International Development unit key program sector areas include Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture, Global Health, Economic and Social Development Disaster Response, and Disaster Risk Reduction.
• Manage the day-to-day reception and office administration duties of UMCOR’s International Development unit.
• Greet, announce visitors, and maintain security procedures for all guests and visitors to premises for the UMCOR International Development unit at the New York Headquarters. This includes providing securing guest passes for visitors to the building, and coordinating with HQ staff to prepare a workstation for use by the visitor, when necessary.
• Coordinate with staff to ensure proper phone coverage. Answer and transfer incoming phone calls, take messages and handle routine inquiries and requests. Maintain voicemail account for general office number.
• Assist with assuring that the UMCOR International Development unit calendar, meeting, and travel schedules are maintained on the shared UMCOR team calendar. Schedule appointments and meetings, as requested.
• Coordinate and assist with the planning of travel, visa and hotel arrangements for UMCOR Associate General Secretary and other International Development staff and guests as requested.
• Coordinate logistics and travel of any and all relevant meetings, including, but not limited to annual conference meetings, membership meetings, donor meetings, and any other UMCOR International Development unit-hosted meetings.
• Draft correspondence, memos, and other documents, as requested.
• Maintain general office email account; filter emails and forward reasonable inquiries and event notices to appropriate staff.
• Assist with the sorting and distribution of office mail. Open general office mail and distribute and/or file accordingly.
• Organize monthly DHL/FedEx shipments and mailings to be distributed to all field offices. When possible, coordinate with Communications to include UMCOR International Development materials, such as Annual Reports, booklets, etc. to field staff.
• Contact IT staff as required to resolve problems with computers, telephones, software, networked printers, scanners, email, ftp site(s), and other applicable hardware/software.
• Assist staff with large or involved photocopying or mailing projects as requested.
• Assist in the preparation of agendas and other materials for conferences and meetings.
• Prepare minutes of meetings, correspondence and reports, including editing and translating letters/documents.
• Coordinate with fellow UMCOR administrative staff to ensure that International Development team is adequately stocked with office supplies, furniture and other materials.
• Maintain office files, including archiving, vendor files, accounts payable, contact lists and other general information.
• Call/collect quotes from vendors.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
• Assist with grants processing, including writing of project summaries, facilitating requests for approval, and creation of vouchers to release funding for approved grants and projects.
• Assist with compiling reports and maintaining program files (hard and soft copy)
• Perform other programmatic support duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's degree with (3) three years of related office administration skills or possess previous related experience in core administrative business and program support processes that demonstrate a progressive track record of success.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, in tandem with being self-reliant, possessing coordination, planning, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
• Solid interpersonal relationship and team building skills.
• Proficient computer skills in, but not limited to, MS Office, various databases, Internet and email systems.
• Faith-based experience is preferable.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing core support to the UMCOR International Development Unit.
The position requires an ability to work in coordination with and foster strong working relationships with a dynamic team of HQ and field staff within the multi-tiered agency. The successful candidate must be independent, resourceful, organized and committed to work at times across units with the entire UMCOR program team. These staff and offices provide strategic, technical and financial input into all business processes. The ability to support and coordinate within these diverse resources is an essential component of the position. The ability to multitask, work with a wide range of information, organize details and meet deadlines under pressure is required. The ability to act with diplomacy and discretion at all organizational levels, to manage the duties of an HQ reception and type accurately at a minimum of 50 wpm is also essential.
Please apply by going to www.umcmission.org and click on careers tap on the button.
The General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church is an equal opportunity employer; as such, we do not discriminate in our employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, military status, disability, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.
Organization: General Board of Global Ministries
Contact: Greg Wykoff
Closing Date: 9/30/2013