Administrative Coordinator, Connectional Table
(Chicago, IL, 60631)
The Connectional Table of The United Methodist Church
Administrative Coordinator Job Announcement
Location: Chicago, IL
General Job Description
This individual reports to the Executive Secretary and is responsible for providing administrative support to staff and assisting with bookkeeping, meeting planning, reception and office management. These duties include but are not limited to: managing database, office supply purchasing, typing, filing, arranging travel, and communications support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer phones, route calls and take messages.
• Assist staff with administrative duties as requested.
• Oversee Connectional Table database management.
• Create and maintain mailing and e‐mail lists.
• Maintain accurate daily accounting of expenses.
• Process travel and expense reimbursements for staff and CT members as needed.
• Distribute incoming and prepare outgoing mail.
• Type and word process documents as needed.
• Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
• Assist staff with CT meeting arrangements in collaboration with GCFA meeting planners.
• Organize and maintain filing system for CT documents and prepare required archival materials.
• Monitor communications systems and work with IT department as needed.
• Send email communications to CT members and other United Methodist leaders as requested.
• Assist with updating CT website, blog and social media as requested.
• Oversee the maintenance of office equipment (computers, printers, scanners, etc.)
• Assist with conference call scheduling and other meetings as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 2‐3 years of administrative or clerical experience.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Typing skills of at least 50 WPM.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Knowledge of general office machines, copiers, computers and telephone systems.
• Ability to travel at least semi‐annually for 3‐5 days at a time for meetings.
• Sensitivity to working in a Christian organization.
• Ability to work with confidential and/or sensitive information.
• Demonstrated ability to multi‐task and manage time in fast‐paced environment.
• Familiarity with and understanding of The United Methodist Church.
• Experience with both Mac and PC systems.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Cynthia Dopke at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2013.
Anticipated start date is Monday, February 18, 2013. The Connectional Table is scheduled to move its offices on
February 1 to: 8765 W. Higgins Road, Chicago, IL 60631. Annual salary range: $34,000 ‐ $39,000. This position is
full‐time with health and pension benefits. Work schedule: Monday – Friday (36.25 hours per week).
Organization: United Methodist Church
Contact: Cynthia Dopke
Closing Date: 1/18/2013