The Rev. Jerald W. Russell
October 26, 1948
Spouse: Judy Ann Amerine Russell is a grant assistant for Maryville City Family Resource Center.
Jennifer Russell Walker, 31
Jessica Russell Hooker, 29
Jeremy Russell, 26;
Jose Russell, 23.
Benjamin Walker, 12
Matthew Walker, age 8
Education and Honors:
* B.A., Emory & Henry College (1970)
* M.Div., Asbury Theological Seminary (1973)
* M.S. Education, University of Tennessee (1974)
* Doctor of Ministry, Vanderbilt University (1980)
* Winner, Herman W. Siedschlag Award for Mission Interpretation, 2007
* Associate pastor, Second UMC, Knoxville, Tenn. (1973-1974)
* Missionary, General Board of Global Ministries, serving in Montero, Bolivia (1974-1978)
* Pastor, Fairview UMC, Knoxville, Tenn. (1978-1979)
* Missionary, Argentine Methodist Church, serving in Buenos Aires (1980-1983)
* Chaplain/Pastor, Hiwassee College/ Buckner Memorial UMC, Madisonville, Tenn. (1983-1990)
* Senior Pastor, Fairview UMC, Maryville, Tenn. (1991-present)
* During this period of 27 years, Rev. Russell has led 190 mission teams to 25 countries.
* As pastor at Fairview United Methodist Church (1991 to present), Rev. Russell has led the planting of two churches in Guatemala, one church in Costa Rica, and one church in Maryville, Tenn.
* Under Rev. Russell’’’’s leadership, Fairview UMC of Maryville, Tenn., has built 15 Habitat for Humanity houses, a Guatemalan orphanage, a Paraguayan school, and also participated in redevelopment of the Latvian United Methodist Church.
* Holston Annual Conference
* Candidate for Episcopacy, 2004
* General Conference, 1996 (reserve), 2000, 2004, 2008
* Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference, 1988, 1992
* Secretary, Legislative Committee: General Board of Global Ministries Committee, 2000
* Board Member, The Mission Society, 1999 to present
* Board of Trustees, Asbury Theological Seminary, 2005 to present
* Mission Board, Samaritan Hands, 1992 to present
* Holston Conference Secretary on Missions, 1995-2005
* Board of Trustees, Hiwassee College, 1996-2004
* President, Caribbean/South American Union Church Association, 1982-1983
* Board, American Lincoln School, 1980-1983
Rev. Russell has been the senior pastor of Fairview United Methodist Church in Maryville, Tenn., for the past 18 years. Since 1984, he has led Volunteer in Missions teams on over 120 short-term international outreach trips for the local church, the Holston Conference, and World Evangelism.He has been married to his wife Judy for 37 years. She has been an active partner in his ministries all over the world.Together they have four children and two grandchildren.
2508 Old Niles Ferry Road
Maryville, TN 37803-8802
(865) 983-2080 ofc
(865) 388-9003 cell
Holston Annual Conference