Judith Weidman Racial Ethnic Minority Fellowship
United Methodist Communications offers a one-year fellowship to help prepare a United Methodist young adult of racial ethnic minority origin for a communications career in an annual conference of The United Methodist Church within the United States.
One recipient is selected each year and is placed in an annual conference where he/she is mentored by an experienced United Methodist communicator. Read about previous REM Fellowship recipients.
The next fellowship term is July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010. Deadline for application is March 15, 2009.
- Must be a United Methodist of racial ethnic minority heritage
- A recent college or seminary graduate with a specialization in communications
- Interested in pursuing communications within the United Methodist Church as a career
- Able to speak and understand English proficiently
- Able to relocate for one year
- Desiring experience in applying communications background within The United Methodist Church connection
Note: This is not strictly a job. This is a one-year hands-on work and learning experience. See also Basic Criteria and The Learning Agreement.
The next fellowship term is July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010. Salary is $30,000 plus benefits and expenses for moving and professional travel related to the fellowship.
You will need the free software, Adobe Acrobat Reader, to download, complete and/or print the Application Instructions and Online Application Form. Click here to download this free software.
For more information, contact the Communications Resourcing Team at 888-278-4862 or send an email to email@example.com.